#FirstThursdaysCapeTown: Country comes to Town
Thursday 4 April 2019
Exciting news – this coming Thursday, Agri-Expo is co-hosting a #FirstThursdaysCapeTown event!
If you’re in town this coming First Thursday, come “taste” the very best of the platteland right in the middle of town - #AgriExpo ‘Country comes to Town' hosted by the MEC for Economic Opportunities Beverley Schäfer at the MINISTRY ON LONG offices – you are welcome to come join us any time between 17:00 and 21:00.
Agri-Expo, the oldest and only agricultural society still in existence in Cape Town, creates extra-ordinary opportunities for entrepreneurs to showcase their success stories at events such as the annual South African Cheese Festival. Come and meet the producers behind innovative products from the platteland – AND taste their creations!
- Blinkwaters Cooperative of Buffeljagsbaai with their unique alikreukel and perlemoen products, as well as Sarah Niemand’s gemmerbier
- Gerber & Co, a livestock farmer that empowers the rural Namaqualand community to produce unique wool garments
- Award-winning artisanal cheeses from the Cape Winelands’ Dalewood Fromage and Foxenburg Estate
- The Sauvignon Blanc Interest Group showcasing the FNB Top 10 Sauvignon Blanc winners, and the South African National Wine Show with Veritas award-wining wines
- Gourmet Grubb with their insect ice cream made from EntoMilk!
- Marice Rooibos Health & Beauty with their natural handmade products all the way from Clanwilliam
- The Western Province Youth Show – an organisation that promotes agriculture among the youth
- A live painting demonstration by world-renowned artist Mel Elliott, known for his community art outreach efforts.
The Ministry will be open to the public from 5pm, with the official programme getting underway at 6pm. Members of the media are welcome to attend.
Read more about #FirstThursdaysCapeTown at www.first-thursdays.co.za