Western Cape Government to showcase cutting-edge agricultural innovations
20 April 2015
The Western Cape Government is set to showcase the cutting-edge technology developed here which is poised to revolutionise the country’s agriculture sector.
On Tuesday, 5 May 2015, the Western Cape Department of Agriculture will exhibit the latest innovations in the sector, many of which are South African firsts.
Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities, will open the event, to be held at the department in Elsenburg.
A range of key agricultural, economic and government role-players are set to attend the exhibition.
The ground-breaking products include:
- Web mapping application providing access to updated spatial intelligence
- Satellite technology to analyse crop growth and water use – the first of its kind in SA
- A mobile app for farmers to access key agricultural indicators
- Web-based information portal on “green” agricultural practices and initiatives
- Online export certificates for live animals
- Interactive touchscreen kiosks providing sector information, which are set to be displayed in public spaces across the Western Cape
- Comprehensive web-based agricultural stats portal aimed at farmers, researchers and policy-makers
Date: 5 May 2015
Venue: Percheron Hall, Elsenburg
Time: 10:00am to 11:30am
RSVP for catering purposes. Kindly indicate dietary requirements.
For media queries and to RSVP, contact:
Spokesperson: Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities
Western Cape Government
2nd Floor, Protea Assurance Building, Cape Town
Tel: 021 483 3550
Cell: 060 970 4301