If you have been affected by disaster - please do the following:
- Receive the form by mail or hard copy from your Department of Agriculture office or download a copy here: English | Afrikaans.
- Read the survey carefully and complete the form in detail.
- Return the form to the Department of Agriculture office within two weeks.
An official will contact you as soon as all forms for a specific disaster have been completed and you will be instructed as to the way forward.
Contact person: Zaibu Arai | Tel. 021 808 5368 | Email: ZaibuA@elsenburg.com
Documents can also be downloaded here: Disaster Risk Management
The Farmer Support and Development Programme (FSD) encompasses the broad development agenda of the Department of Agriculture, therefore the design and implementation are predominantly for supporting smallholder farmers in the Western Cape but does not exclude the commercial sector. This support is to enhance Land Reform programmes through institutional capacity building. Given that the predominant need for the development of an equitable and diverse agricultural sector has been identified, a large part of the budget will be utilised to build the capacity of the historically disadvantaged communities and individuals flowing from the Land Reform programmes.
The purpose of the Programme FSD is :
- To ensure sustainable support mechanism for new and established farmers (including land reform beneficiaries).
- To measure the impact of interventions as delivered by the programme.
- To leverage investment from the private sector and commodity groupings.
- To ensure quality and standards of service and advise to farmers.
- To integrate our services with those of municipalities and other government departments with the implementation of food gardens for communities and households.
- To facilitate skills development for qualifying farmers.
The programme is structured into four(4) Directorates namely:
- Farmer Settlement & Development
- Extension & Advisory Services
- Food Security
The Programme comprises of eight(8) Regional offices spread across the Province.
The purpose of the directorate is to facilitate, co-ordinate and provide support to black smallholder farmers and commercial farmers through sustainable development within agrarian reform initiatives in the Province.
Did you know?
The directorate provides the following services:
- Farm Assessment report for Land Reform purposes;
- Farm Plans to enable the sustainable use of natural resources;
- Support to smallholder and commercial farmers.
The purpose of the Directorate is to provide extension and advisory services to farmers.
The directorate has employed the digital smart pen to assist in monitoring the quality of services rendered to farmers.
Did you know?
The directorate facilitates the delivery of:
- Farmers' days;
- Information days;
- Conduct Skills Audits, and
- Facilitate the appointment of mentors to assist smallholder farmers through the commodity approach.
The purpose of the directorate is to support, advice and coordinate the implementation of pillar one of the Integrated Food Security Strategy of South Africa (IFSS).
The directorate contributes directly to alleviation of food insecurity through the delivery of household and community gardens.
Did you know?
- This directorate uses support household food production in communities through the suitcase programme (household food production programme).
- Supports Community and School gardens.
- Conduct Food Security Awareness campaigns.